How to plumb/connect vacuum line?

Jun 27, 2011
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'd like to connect an already plumbed, but not connected suction vacuum line into my pump system. Below is the layout with the unconnected line in the upper right hand corner of the photo. The idea would be to elbow the suction line, add a ball valve and convert the elbow (on the right) to a T. My problem seems to be that nowhere around the elbows of the 3 way valve is there enough pvc to glue back to. Any suggestions would be helpful. thx, SR

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    497.1 KB · Views: 105
Since that's an actual Jandy brand valve you should be able to cut the piping off even with the collar and then a 2" or 2½" coupling will fit over the collar on the valve. Jandy (and others) are made to be dual size valves. That looks like an 1½"/2" but it could be a 2"/2½". Either way you'll be able to reuse it.

Bama Rambler said:
Since that's an actual Jandy brand valve you should be able to cut the piping off even with the collar and then a 2" or 2½" coupling will fit over the collar on the valve. Jandy (and others) are made to be dual size valves. That looks like an 1½"/2" but it could be a 2"/2½". Either way you'll be able to reuse it.

Thanks, I didn't realize you good glue over the collar and I might end up doing that in the end.

One other thing I thought to do was to install the T below the 90 degree elbow on the right side. the distance between the elbow and that next coupling is 3/4 inch. How much material do you really need to glue and get a good seal? thx, SR

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.