How to overhaul/clean out neglected deck o drain?

CPM10V

Jun 12, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Previous owner of my house never kept up with keeping deck o drain free from dirt/debris etc. & it doesn’t function now. Is there a way I can disassemble the top cover to clean it out? Here’s a pic of part of it:
5B64E173-4BC3-418D-9609-A4C7DC57D7F9.jpeg

Search on “how to clean deck o drains” for more.

There’s a variety of types of decodrain. I’m gonna have to do the same , but mine is 1” with a removable cap, and yours looks a bit thinner but should have a removable cap too. Plan on finding a replacement cap. Pressure wash it and replace. Some types are with a base adhered in the poured concrete, with a cap that clips or slides on.

It looks like the drains I have are the single piece type. Is the only hope cutting out a section, clearing what you can & then fastening a piece to cover back up, like the Janitor product? Seems like they should have installed a clean out somewhere.

The single piece is sometimes a clipped together system but you’ll never separate them. I saw a YouTube video that uses a saw to simply remove the top half and then you’ll be able to get a new full piece and place the top half back on—if it make sense. It’s an awful design, as the plastic in our climate just turns to literal dust. We’re supposed to paint our pipe PVC, but no real mention of this with deco-drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.