Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-35
Hi TFP friends and experts,
Is there an easy device or way to monitor how frequently my Raypak 206A is active? I'm more curious than any other reason. As you're likely all seeing, natural gas prices are very high. Additionally, I run my indoor pool in Colorado year-round. My system is pretty efficient, yet I have no reference frame for how often the heater kicks in or the duration of each cycle.

I do see, in the manual, a service mode that tracks and displays the run time and cycle count. Yet I'm looking to track this on a regular interval rather than the entire life of the heater.

Thanks, all, and happy holidays!
Jason

Yet I'm looking to track this on a regular interval rather than the entire life of the heater.
Might be a bit pricey, but this is the solution that I used. It will need a wi-fi connection and your heater needs to be on its own circuit, or you need access to the wires in a junction box that feeds the heater that are just the heater wires. I found it works pretty good. I no longer use it, so if you are interested, I'd be happy to sell you mine at a discount. I no longer use it because I now know what my energy usage is throughout the home and have changed my habits as a result.

That's an interesting whole-house solution @PoolStored --thanks! Yet I'm really only interested in monitoring the dedicated 220V for my Raypak heater. I was imagining a device that tracked the spark igniter and then the duration of the cycle.

This is probably more than you wanted...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.