How to make a SWG Dummy Cell_just an idea_worked for me

FLAK111

Gold Supporter
Jan 28, 2018
North/Texas
All,

**note** this is a temporary idea. Not meant for a permenant fix! use at your own discretion.

I recently had to send my SWG Unit and cell back to manufacturer to get checked out. I saw how expensive dummy cells were (40-80bucks!) So I thought id share my experience on making my own.

Model #1= BUST:
Made one from big plastic couplers. Found out that the coupler threading from the cell manufacturer is different than threading from the store bought plumbing i put together. Therefore it didn't fit and was a bust.
see pic:
View attachment 81960

Model #2= Success!
On my second model with the rubber ends and metal tighteners, it worked with no major issues. The only issue I had was my SWG Cell coupler was 3 inch in size and I had a 2 Inch PVC dummy cell. I had to take the rubber, soak the rubber ends in scolding hot water for about 5 minutes. This loosened up the rubber some. Then I was able to stretch the rubber over the 3 in ends and tie them down (seen in pic). Worked like a charm.
See pic:
IMG-0830.jpg

Items purchased in pic from store = less than $10!

***NOTE*** I had to purchase separate metal tighteners in order to fit around the 3 inch side of the tube the rubber was going to stretch around.
See pic:
View attachment 81961
Cheers.
FLAK

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.