How to increase my FC/CC- Need help

The risk with DE relates to breathing it regularly. You can google 'pool diatomaceous earth MSDS' and then 'no. 20 silica sand MSDS' and you'll find that the warnings are pretty similar. Pool DE is quite fine, so it's good to be careful with it. I take a scoop, put it in a bucket, then add water to the bucket with my scoop in there as well to wash it, so I'm able to minimize my exposure, and likely as close to zero risk as a risk can get!

I don't have a sand filter but 14 cups sounds like a lot. The article suggests adding one to two cups to get a 1 psi rise. I wonder if there is an issue with your filter such as channeling or possibly a damaged lateral?

FYI, a slightly dirty filter does clean better, just make sure to backwash after a 20-25% rise in PSI.

Running the filter at too high a PSI (according to your manual) and/or over 25% higher than clean PSI (TFP additional suggestion) can be unsafe/risk damage to filter or people. If you've exceeded either of those or your water flow back into the pool is weaker, backwash 2mins, rinse 30s, backwash 30s, rinse 30s, (all times are or until clear, always turn off before switching, always turn in one direction) then go back to filter and check PSI to get clean PSI.

To be more cautious, perhaps add 1/4 cup at a time with 15 mins breaks to come back and check psi to see when you've got 1 psi rise.

- - - Updated - - -

the more cautious approach will help you know how much to add next time, without the breaks.

I had backwashed same day as I noticed pressure going up by to from 19-26 psi.

With skimmer closed psi used to be 15 ppm. But now it is 19 psi.
With skimmer opened psi used to be 19 psi . Now it is 21

Wondering why this discrepancies with addition of DE .
Its should have gone up proportionately.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see now see almost the bottom of the pool .
CC = <0.5
FC 7ppm
ph 7.0
OCLT < 1 ppm

Added 2 cups of Sodium Carbonate. Will add Sodium Carbonate too to increase alkalinity.

Just to be clear, there is no 'number' get TA to. When the pH stabilizes, that is good. So no need to 'fine tune' TA --

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.