How to get rid of these spots on pool floor?

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I tried to use some hydrochloric acid on the pool floor. This is in the deep end, so got one of those sticks with the acid holder on the end.
Didn’t work.

It looks almost like dirt. But it’s not. It won’t come out no matter what I have tried so far.

Attachments

• EC3A515C-73E5-404C-8813-482EB1AA2144.jpeg
    EC3A515C-73E5-404C-8813-482EB1AA2144.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 751F1E5A-1835-466F-8825-EE4DEB10E5CC.jpeg
    751F1E5A-1835-466F-8825-EE4DEB10E5CC.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 39
Try some calcium hypochlorite sprinkled on the spots. With the pool off, sprinkle right above the spots and let it settle. Let it set there for a while at least 15 minutes, or even until it dissolves (if you can wait that long). If it is organic the chlorine will remove it.
Cal hypo is normally packaged in one-pound pouches as "shock," but be sure it is cal hypo not sodium dichlor. You can get larger quantities but it may not be compatible with your chemical regimen.
Don't get it on your clothes. Stay upwind from the dust as it will bleach your clothes as well. If it doesn't work, you've added a bit more chlorine and a little calcium, won't hurt anything.
If it does work, be prepared for the spots to come back and keep treating until it stops.

Try some calcium hypochlorite sprinkled on the spots. With the pool off, sprinkle right above the spots and let it settle. Let it set there for a while at least 15 minutes, or even until it dissolves (if you can wait that long). If it is organic the chlorine will remove it.
Cal hypo is normally packaged in one-pound pouches as "shock," but be sure it is cal hypo not sodium dichlor. You can get larger quantities but it may not be compatible with your chemical regimen.
Don't get it on your clothes. Stay upwind from the dust as it will bleach your clothes as well. If it doesn't work, you've added a bit more chlorine and a little calcium, won't hurt anything.
If it does work, be prepared for the spots to come back and keep treating until it stops.
Thank you I’ll give this a try.
This is a salt water pool. I don’t add any chemicals. The pool is always very clean and clear. It’s just this one spot I can’t seem to get rid of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.