kbuhagiar

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2022
Escondido, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello Pool Crew,

Not so much a pool question but one about the concrete surrounding it, and it's unwanted inhabitants - ants.
We have a bunch of them, coming and going and just generally being a nuisance all around the pool (and also all over the other concrete parts of our property). They don't bite but they do seem overly friendly, wanting to climb aboard us whenever we are out at the pool at the same time.

I've put out several ant baits all around the pool, concentrating on identifiable ant hills, but it's been four days and although I've noticed a reduction in activity there are still enough to be a distraction. I realize that the long-term solution is probably something that involves ongoing maintenance, i.e. regular spraying and/or treatment of the affected areas, but I was hoping to get some input from other here who may have also dealt with this problem.

Thanks in advance!

I had an ant problem in my house and used ant spray and it works wonders! It uses the ingredient Fribinil (sp?) that is used in flea and tick drops (Frontline) and it is used for termites.

I got it from "do my own pest control" online. It's expensive but it works great. I was told by the exterminator not to put baits down since it brings them to it. Termidor SC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.