JB7181

Jul 13, 2021
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We are new pool owners and just had our pool installed. We have extremely hard water and used a prefilter to filter the iron out. Our pool is green from copper. How do we get the copper out of the water? Do I balance our water first or do I need to get the copper out? The only stuff we have added is 2qt Water Trends iron and metal out. Also, have directed the eyeball straight up to break the water surface to raise pH so I can use MA to lower TA.

pH 7.2
TA 280
CH 150

Welcome to TFP!

Are you sure you have copper in the water? Did you add a product that contained copper?

I’m not sure what you used to filter the iron, but if there was an easy way to do it there are many pool owners who’d be lining up to buy it. Often, iron in the water gives the pool a green look because it turns the water yellow and when that is combined with a blue pool surface it looks green.

Thanks! I used the 2 of the big blue 4.5x10 filters that I seen on here. The primary one is caked with rust colored stuff but your right it could be still iron. The only stuff we have added so far is the 2 quarts of Water Trends iron and stain remover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.