How to get CH down.. without draining

today the pool looks so much better. added the purple stuff by jacks magic. still using paper towels in the skimmer baskets and they are still turning brown. gonna clean the filter cartridge tomorrow. its only gone up about 2 psi. dont mind the reflection of my tshirt in the window.
poolsecondday_zps82fcdac0.jpg

My filters from my hot tub looked the same as yours. I rinsed mine off 3 times in the first week of a new fill. I just used the hose with my thumb over the end to create a spray.

- - - Updated - - -

Your water is looking 100 times better. I see you are from WI. You probably won't be getting in any time soon with this awsome weather..

Yes, I live in the country, so I'm on a well. My CH from the well was 280, and the "processed" water from my water softener was at 10. I combined the two to get a pH of 150 in my hot tub. What part of the state are you from? I see green grass in your photo so you must be from the south!

Also, when I filled my hot tub with the well water, I had a pH of 7.2, and a TA of 400. This didn't add up in my mind, as a high TA should = a high pH. Well, I aerated for 20 minutes and the pH sky rocketed. My Taylor test kit said it was 8.2+. I ended up added about 24 ounces of muriatic acid to bring the pH down to around 7.8. I'm currently sitting at a pH of 7.6, TA of 60, CH of 150. My hot tub is small peanuts compared to the size of your pool. Get your pH down with acid to balance the water. Add acid, aerate, and test again. I also added boric acid to my hot tub, but I'm not sure if it's needed in a salt water pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.