How to fill up pool when below freezing

Aug 27, 2018
Plano
Good morning, I like many am facing below freezing temperatures for the next few days..... I have had my pool running 24/7 for several days but I have had an annoying leak (leak detection guy couldnt even find it) and my water level is running low right now. How do I go about filling it up if I am not supposed to use my outdoor spicket? Worth the risk to hook up a hose? Should I let the hose run at a drip until it gets above freezing?

Should I let the hose run at a drip until it gets above freezing
Nooooooooo. ‘Running water’ needs to be running. Like fire hydrant running. Return jets blasting running. The water in the hose waiting it’s turn to drip will easily freeze in 20s or below.

is the hose bib winterized ? If not hook up the hose. Fill at full strength and then unplug the hose when done. Start with one end over you head and go hand over hand slowly with the hose at waist level to drain it. Once it’s empty it can stay outside now that it’s wet and dirty.

if you have a shut off for the spigot, shut it off and open the spigot so the water in the parts exposed to the cold don’t freeze.

Reactions: nemeth8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.