Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
In the summer when I'm not around, I sometimes have someone stop by to backwash my filter, empty the skimmers, and check my chemicals etc. However a problem we've been having is that the water level is too low to backwash, and it can take an hour or more to top it up. The pool has no main drain, so the system will deprime if the level drops below the skimmers. My hose runs on 1/2 inch copper pipe.

I have looked at autolevelers but that seems like a pain to install unless I want to run a hose over the deck, plus I worry about it leaking.

What if I plumb a 3/4 or 1 inch line to the pool area and use that to fill? Would I need a special hose? Would there be any risks? I'm on town water, not a well. Pressure around 80psi.

No risk.

You could get a timer for your hose and just put the hose in the pool and set the timer when water is needed.

Thanks, I thought about this, but what I really want to avoid is having a tripping hazard of a hose running across the deck. I also considered whether I could position the hose to arc water into the pool across the deck, has anyone tried that or is there a device meant for this purpose?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.