How to fill in pool light?

Aug 6, 2018
Indianapolis
We have one pool light in our pool. There is no light in it, just an open cavity. The previous owners filled it in with just some expanding foam and put the liner over it. One person recommended that we just use cement and fill it in, but I would prefer to use something a little less permanent in case we do opt to use it in the future. Would using foam be fine? Or is cement really the best option?

What material is your pool walls?

Why do you want to change what the previous owners have done?

@jimmythegreek thoughts?

Thanks for the reply. We have steel walls. Here is a screenshot of the area. Ignore the rust and damaged bottom. We have since got that mostly repaired.

20190702_173333.jpg

You can see a little bit of the foam still in there. We had to take the foam out as it got wet from rain and was spilling out anyways. I'm not sure if we can just spray foam back in there (and if so, what type of foam?) or not.

As poolguyinct said Frank wall products has all kinds of repair panels and parts for these scenarios. Me I would take some heavy guage like 14 sheetmetal and pop rivet a panel over the light and I would foam the walls and set the liner. Simple way and you can drill the rivets out years from now to access lite. Easy to install a light too even if it doesn't work

Reactions: PoolguyinCT
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.