Cartersville, Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have decided to close the pool, and am going to start a re-build soon (Meeting builder next week). Instead of leaving it full to become a cesspool breeding ground, I am trying to figure out how to drain it?
I know I can backwash it to get below skimmer (Likely a bad choice), but how do I drain it even lower? I feel like the answer likes in the jandy switch by the filter, but if that comes from the skimmer... then that would drain all the time? Is it a pump setting like 'Waste'? (I've only ever used on/backwash)

Don’t.

An empty pool is an invitation to have it float up out of the ground or, with a vinyl liner, to have it collapse/cave in. Leave the water there until you are ready to do the renovation. Sure it’s a PITA to have to care for the water while you wait but a structural collapse would be far worse then the time and money spent keeping it running. It’s doesn’t have to be swimmable, you just have to keep it sanitary.

Reactions: Bperry
It’s doesn’t have to be swimmable, you just have to keep it sanitary.
Interesting - Funny enough we're already having settlement issues which is why I'm just throwing in the towel. I don't like the idea of draining it mostly due to safety - Someone falling in, or something. Rather 'Oh gross' than "My back!"

You can just close it and cover it. The water will turn swampy but then again you’ll be pumping it out anyway once the renovation starts. As long as you can keep most of the crud and dead animals out of the water, a covered pool will be safe enough. Just drain it down below the returns and plug them off after blowing out the lines. Then forget about it.

Reactions: TDTPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.