How to connect rubber hose to PVC pipe

So, I have had a rubber hose come loose on my pump setup. It began shooting out water at a fast rate and so I put a stainless steel hose clamp which did the trick for a little while. I would like to fix this properly but I have no idea where to begin. If you look at the photo the hose is running from the pump to a PVC pipe sticking out of the ground. I do not know what all the pipes are for as I'm relatively new to being a pool owner. Any help is appreciated! Please let me know if more info is needed!

pool pump.jpg

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 32
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

That is the line from a booster pump to a pressure vacuum. Do you use a pressure vacuum?

I would suggest replacing the line if you are still using it. If not, then you can cap off the line at each end.

That does look like a booster pump setup to a pressure-side cleaner.

The hose on mine came off at the same place. For peace of mind, I replaced with a new hose kit rather than trying to fix it. The new fitting is easier to install than the old one and seems more robust as well. Search for “Pentair booster pump hose kit”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.