How to connect compressor

cjpwalker

Silver Supporter
Sep 1, 2016
Yakima, WA
Not closing for several weeks, but I want to have everything ready.

We freeze pretty hard here, so I need to blow out the lines. Because of the power cover I can't drain the pool down, so I have to blow everything out and plug it. Last year the pool builder closed for us (1st one's free...). He used a blower and had a rubber cone shaped adapter that plugged the hose into the 2" pvc lines when the pump and other accessories were removed.

I will be using an air compressor. I've seen posts where they say to screw a quick air coupler into the drain port at the pump, but I would like to avoid that as the pump housing is plastic and a stripped thread would be an expensive mistake.

Basically the access I will have with everything removed I will have half of a pvc union on each end - the connection to the pump on the suction and the connection to the (unused) Nature2 feeder on the return side. What's the best way to get from those openings to a 1/4 female pipe thread to accept the quick connect or even just screw in the air hose?

I will be using an air compressor. I've seen posts where they say to screw a quick air coupler into the drain port at the pump, but I would like to avoid that as the pump housing is plastic and a stripped thread would be an expensive mistake.

Without a professional pool blower, you will or should work form the drain port at the pump. Be careful taking out and threading back it. The NPT fitting does not have to be super tight. Even if a little air leaks, that is fine. Remember you need volume of air and not pressure.

Yeah, probably going to have to go that route, and just be careful... Plenty of air, though, so that shouldn't be a problem, just afraid of messing up the threads. Maybe I'll see about finding a plastic fitting and adapt it to the air hose...

This is the reason why I do not remove the fittings in the pump basket. They are there permanently. By the time I am done closing my pool, the amount of water in the basket is minimal and I use a microfiber to dry the rest. Put the pump basket lid on and no water ever enters the system through the winter.

The only other option is to try to find an old cover and drill a hole to adapt to your blower like I did. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.