How to clear your pool, aka Taking one for the team!

Any sceptical relative or friend gets the same answer.

I prefer the advice I get from internet people in their pajamas, and if the water catches fire, I'll be sure to capture it on my phone.

Zea3 you left out your spouse does not trust you or any of members of TFP to ever get this swamp clean:rolleyes:

While you were at work pool was drained and currently being re-filled:)

Thanks to an expedient court system and an attorney for a brother I no longer have a spouse to interfere with my pool care plans. :sad:Ah if only a little bleach could have cleared up that mess! But I digress...

Ah, the simple joys of a Saturday morning. The sound of a mower being pushed by someone else, the gentle warmth of the sun on my skin as I vacuum the pool, a quiet hum and that subtle tell tale wisp of smoke as I try to get the pump started after emptying the leaf catcher...wait, what! :shock::rant: :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You let the smoke out of the pump!
You must be more careful around electrical equipment.
Losing the smoke is usually and indication of impending failure.
Lol! My son said I broke it because I let the magic smoke out! Sigh, everyone knows when you let the magic smoke out the equipment is dead! Its like watching it's soul rise up to electrical heaven!

Now I get to shop for pumps and/or motors. I looked up one motor, decent price, ships in 1 or 2 MONTHS! :shock: :rant:

It's a Dynamo, no start capacitor.

pooldv's variable speed pump has a hand-crank like the old Model T's ... that's why he leaves it running 24/7, he doesn't like to have to restart it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.