How to clean up talcum powder

The talcum powder was that was used to ensure dryness of the pool and prevent pool material from sticking to itself when the pool was packed up for the winter. There is a lot of talcum powder on the pool material now that we are about to set the pool up again. We are wondering how to clean the pool before we add water. Thank you for any advice you can give.

I would imagine you could try to shop vac it out & wipe it. Whatever remains would be just like any other dirt I suppose.

i ended up having to use some DE in my sand filter to filter the powder out. i had to add DE several times, each time i backwashed it took the DE out of the filter as well as the powder. that was the only way i could get it out of my pool. make sure you sweep your pool at least once a day, because that stuff will settle back to the bottom. you could also vacuum, just make sure you have the DE in your filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.