How to clean grime from liner of pool I bought used?

Dynastol

Jun 23, 2023
Los Angeles
I bought a used Intex pool that the previous owner had up for a year and then took down without cleaning it. I got a great deal, and I'm psyched to have it, but the vinyl is pretty grimy, greenish-yellowish. I'd love to restore it to a clean, blue 'like-new' look as much as possible before filling it with water, of course. What's a good way of doing that? Are people mixing baking soda-bleach concoctions? Or do I get store-bought vinyl cleaner? I tried a magic eraser sponge on it to see if it will come off at all, and it kind of did, but I'd go through dozens of dozens of them before I'm half way around the pool...

Because you probably have a lot of vinyl to clean, I would first mix a bucket with a mild mixture of bleach and water and agitate the areas with a brush or scrub pad. Rinse as you go along. That should have some positive impact if the staining is only organic in nature.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.