How to automate without automation?

The SuperFlo VST will work with higher end Pentair automation systems such as IntelliCenter and EasyTouch, but not the IntelliConnect. The SuperFlo VST is a better choice if you decide to go with DIY automation. The cable connection provides digital inputs for control of three speeds along with a 5 volt common wire to power the inputs for use with dry contact relays. The IntelliFlo only provides RS-485 (2-wire) control for compatible systems and does not allow direct connection to relays. In my case, I used an existing Pentair IntelliCom to convert IntelliFlo RS-485 signals for use with the relays.

The SuperFlo VST is a great pump. As Allen mentioned, decide on what direction you want to pursue for automation.

I think the Superflo VS has the same digital inputs as the VST and not the RS-485.

I have a superflow VST and a Hayward Aqua rite 900 Salt water system. The Aquarite is wired to a timer. I don’t use the timer though and I just run the pump and the salt cell 24/7. I just run the pump at different speeds throughout the day and never below what the salt cell needs to work. No reason not to do this and has many advantages such as never having to worry about my chlorine level dropping.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.