How the pool world can help the real World

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
beach.jpg

Light it up-safely. Grill out. Stay home. Save money. Love what’s important.

Times like these will clearly alter our daily lives and up coming Summer vacations. Many of you will likely forgo your trip out of town and instead choose to stay home. Many also will likely find the desire to clamp down on spending as the uncertainty grows. We'd like to share some tips on how to turn your pool into a low cost stay home resort. We'd also like to hear of some project's from our users how they're altering their backyard into a high class resort.

Want to spruce up your screened in porch or pergola? How about some inexpensive sheer curtains to dress it up. Use some leftover PVC, steel conduit pipes or plumbing fixtures to use as the curtain rods along with some inexpensive indoor curtains then add these lights: Amazon.com: Twinkle Star 300 LED Window Curtain String Light Wedding Party Home Garden Bedroom Outdoor Indoor Wall Decorations, Warm White: Home & Kitchen or plastic encased rope LED lights along the top to cast a soft glow on the while area.

Plants-You want gardens to look somewhat like nature may have grown these plants together. Potted plants should be in groupings, and if in the ground intersperse compatible plants together. Remember the rule of thumb for potted plants- you want a “Thriller, Filler and Spiller”. One particularly amazing plant such a tall plant, and then fill in the pot with another lower plant, and finally something that will spill over the side of the pot.
flower.jpeg

You can also make some thing like this: sprayer.jpeg
Here is a link to the thread about how do make this: Skippy's New Fountain

Now tell us YOUR ideas!

A special THANK YOU to @poolnoobgrandma for the "beach" picture and @YippeeSkippy for the picture and how to thread. :hug:

Last edited:
Reactions: Arizonarob
I’ve always loved those glass bead fireplaces and they now have them that attach right to a table. We found one for around a hundred that took about ten minutes to setup and is a centerpiece when sitting at night with an adult beverage. No doubt once we open shortly we’ll use several propane tanks.

Reactions: tim5055 and kimkats
I’ve always loved those glass bead fireplaces and they now have them that attach right to a table. We found one for around a hundred that took about ten minutes to setup and is a centerpiece when sitting at night with an adult beverage. No doubt once we open shortly we’ll use several propane tanks.
This post is worthless with out pictures....

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
Well, best I can do is snap one of the shed the tables are stored in as everything is still away for the winter. I was gonna open this week however with Ohio being mandatory “lockdown” it’s gonna need to wait a few more days.

Reactions: Jae0166
Agree Leebo, we use our firetable way more than we ever used the bigger firepit. Perfect place to sit and chat in the evening whether the pool's being used or if its just acting as a pretty background.

I have to say, having a pool right now is a blessing in these times. My wife and I both work from home, so the quarantine isn't outside the normal routine for us (to a point) but the warmer weather and heated pool does a good job of breaking the monotony. Our neighbors have a new pool and a couple of kiddos (7 and 11 years old) and they have been spending a LOT of time in the pool. :) So, it's not ALL bad.

Downside to the pool? Hard to get motivated to work in the yard, which needs a lot of work in the spring! :)

Pool temp at 71* today. We threw the robot in for 6 hours, my husband put new cartridges in the filter and cleaned the ones he took out. I sprayed weeds around the fence with a vinegar solution and we both enjoyed swimming today. This is the earliest we've been able to swim in the 3 years we've lived with a pool. Both of us are sunburned this evening. Look at this beautiful TFP water!
20200328_234233.jpg

Reactions: JodieM

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am currently in the 14th day of Movement Control Order (18 March 2020 – 14 April 2020) over here in Malaysia, something like a stay-at-home order. I am really great that I got my pool up and running since late February. Me and my family are now swimming in the pool every morning and evening! :swim: Thanks to TFP, my pool water is crystal clear since day 1!

I love adding a bit of the tropics to my pool area. In Indiana I’ve purchased Majesty Palms from Lowe’s for $17 each. Mine line the fence to soften it and make it feel tropical, but you can put them in bare corners, the sun porch, next to the pool steps, skies the limit!

Attachments

• F77AA3F0-1E5F-4B08-BD1D-CDDAB6D081CF.jpeg
    F77AA3F0-1E5F-4B08-BD1D-CDDAB6D081CF.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.