Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
Hey everyone,

I need some help on where best to position my pool in my backyard! Please see the attached image for what I’m working with so far with my builder. After initially planning my pool alongside my fence, we discovered an easement so now I have to change up all my plans.
I’m mostly worried about awkward angles between the pool/concrete and fences/house. I’m unsure whether I should ask the pool to be parallel to the house or parallel to the fence. I can also pour more/less concrete as necessary. Or even change up the geometry of the concrete edges. Another thing in mind is to have a few feet gap between my house and concrete edge of pool.

Any and all advice is truly appreciated! My biggest concern is the pool layout not being appealing to future home buyers years down the line.

For some background, my backyard wraps around the side of my house, and that’s where I intend to build the pool since it’s easily fenced off.

Thank you everyone!

Attachments

• 020FE5B0-83D4-48E2-8533-4E9DD5431490.jpeg
    020FE5B0-83D4-48E2-8533-4E9DD5431490.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 83
That’s a really interesting idea! I didn’t realize a PUE could be reduced, I just assumed there must be some lines or something deep underground that mustn’t be touched.

I can investigate this a bit, but it seems like the process might be a bit lengthy and wouldn’t fit into the timeline for my pool build.

I wouid pull the pool down further, and enlarge the decking at the other end near the house. This allows for space for tables, loungers and such to be more in one area.

You could also enlarge the pool by pulling it down further and making it an L shape.

Maddie :swim:

I wouid pull the pool down further, and enlarge the decking at the other end near the house. This allows for space for tables, loungers and such to be more in one area.

You could also enlarge the pool by pulling it down further and making it an L shape.

Maddie :swim:
Great idea, thank you!

L shaped pools are the BEST! The foot of the L should be all the same depth (at least 3.5 but 4' would be the best) so you can play games like Watermelon Ball, the best pool toy/game out there. Then the leg of the pool will be for diving and cannon balls!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, we are facing same issue and I would love to see visual/photo of how your pool lines up with your house if possible. Thanks!
Don’t mind the WIP mess (this was last week, the day after I opened the pool, it is now up to TFP standards). My house is parallel to the street but my property is rhombus-like.
FAC34EDD-C264-4A69-A8E1-74084315EF97.jpeg

L shaped pools are the BEST! The foot of the L should be all the same depth (at least 3.5 but 4' would be the best) so you can play games like Watermelon Ball, the best pool toy/game out there. Then the leg of the pool will be for diving and cannon balls!
I wish that would be great! I'm going with a Fiberglass build however, so the shape of the pool is already set.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.