How sensitive do you think salt cells are to low ph?

hwy17

Mar 17, 2021
Northern California
Crazy rainfall here over winter left me with a low 60-70 TA pool which is new for me, my fill water is 220 and I am used to running near that.

It's also my first year with an SWG.

My ph has been hanging out at around 7.0-7.2.

I know that I can correct it with soda ash and I have some, and I know that manufacturer would recommend that I do so immediately. I have been resistant to doing so because I have been expecting the SWG ph rise to kick in, and I expect that with my fill water I will be battling high TA by the end of the season, so I've been trying to avoid instigating that fight with the TA rise that would come from the soda ash.

How damaging is low ph known to be for salt cells? Do you think 7.0 can eat away at the plate material?

I don't need specific advice for my cell and I won't hold anyone's comment accountable for my outcome. It's been a few weeks so I think it's probably time for me to give up and add soda ash again today, I already added maybe 8oz a week ago but not enough to move any tests.

More just looking for opinions on the general question of does 7.0 harm cells.

Have you been aerating (pointing the jets up)?
If not do so - this will help raise ph without increasing ta. If ph on the low end of the 7’s is causing any swimmer discomfort.
Also, get in & splash around- the kiddos too!

Reactions: hwy17
Remove the cover for a few hours each day and the pH will rise. When my cover is on, with SWCG operating, my pH falls or stays constant unless I take the cover off for a few hours each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.