How quickly to add R0871? Seeing discrepancies

gmason86

Bronze Supporter
May 13, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Hi all,

Dealing with a potential algae problem (posting separately about that) and when adding the required drops of R0871 during a SLAM, I can get impatient :)

I use the speed stirrer, and it works great. But I found today that when I happened to do two tests one after the other (I forgot to check CC first time round), and did one of them dropping very fast (i.e. drop drop drop drop drop with really no break in between) and the other pretty slow (very minor pressure on bottle), the results were different by about 4-5 drops. I did this another time and saw a noticeably discrepancy too. I'm absolutely sure I didn't miscount.

Can anyone explain the difference? I'm assuming the constant drop probably means that less than a full drop gets out each time, hence the higher reading. But just want to be sure.

How slowly should I be doing it? I leave the stirrer on constantly while dropping them in, which I'm assuming is fine.

Thanks!

Haha, it certainly wasn't like a ketchup bottle squeeze :) But it was about as quick as you could go without really squeezing it, largely down to impatience.

So basically I just need to apply enough pressure for it to come out, and let gravity do the rest?

Reactions: Newdude
We are all impatient doing 8 other things when testing. 28 seconds won’t do you any favors and it will put your FC off by 7. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.