How often do you test?

OscarB

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2018
Mantua/nj
I’m curious, this is my second year using the tfp method and it has been fantastic. Crystal clear the whole time. How often does everyone test? How about the tfp experts? I’ve gotten to the point where I can predict how much to put in because it stays the same for weeks. Does everybody test for chlorine every day?

I’m curious, this is my second year using the tfp method and it has been fantastic. Crystal clear the whole time. How often does everyone test? How about the tfp experts? I’ve gotten to the point where I can predict how much to put in because it stays the same for weeks. Does everybody test for chlorine every day?
I've "taught" myself how to read the OTO color for FC, so I use that since it's the cheapest and easiest to replenish. I check everything monthly during swim time (spoiler we get winter, so that's like 4-6mths depending on the year). Since this is our 3rd season; FC & PH every 2nd-3rd day, or sooner if we are going to swim. The pool is covered and gets a daily or every other day of FC top off.

I'm testing chlorine and pH every day, since temperatures are rising, and long sunny days are getting longer. Earlier this spring I let the SWG "fall behind" and it took a mini slam to get things back on track. I test everything else every few weeks or so. I bought large bottles of the 871 and dpd powder from Amazon to replenish my kit, so I don't have to scrimp on testing.

I one day aspire to have everything as well balanced as you guys :)

This is my first year. Im testing PH and FC about twice a day and everything else about once a week. I could probably cut back on the FC testing as I have a feel for my daily usage. I'm envious of the guys who get by on once a week testing :)

Reactions: splashpad
@OscarB are you saying that you pity the fool who has to test all the time ? That could be a great selling point to future TFPers.

Mr Tfp ????

Reactions: OscarB

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First year with this pool, so I'm testing daily. I was starting to see some trends, but put a solar cover on today, so I'm expecting there to be some (hopefully good!) changes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.