How much water is in a Circupool RJ30+ cell?

dswwpb

Jun 22, 2017
West Palm Beach, FL
I'm seeing some calcium deposits on the plates so I'm going to clean my RJ30+ for the first time since installing it 5 months ago. I want to mix the acid solution beforehand but don't know how much water the cell holds. My guess is about 2 quarts. Does anyone know for sure.

Also the manual says the mixture should be 4 parts water to one part MA but I see 5:1 suggested here quite often. Which is correct?

I'd go with the 4:1. I read that as well today because I may need to do mine. I can't speculate on the exact amount to fill, but I suppose you could just use a regular water test fill first before doing the mix to get it close. Good luck!

Reactions: dswwpb
Cleaned it today. The numbers on the display are back to normal. Before cleaning, it was displaying about 1000 ppm lower than actual testing of the water in the pool. Now it's back to within 100-200 ppm of actual testing. FYI, the cell holds 34-35 ounces of liquid filled to the top, so 28 oz of water and 7 oz of MA gives you the 4:1 mixture that's recommended by Circupool.

Reactions: markayash
FYI, the cell holds 34-35 ounces of liquid filled to the top, so 28 oz of water and 7 oz of MA gives you the 4:1 mixture that's recommended by Circupool.
Thanks for the info! :goodjob: Even with maintaining a relatively negative CSI, looks like I'll be doing mine next week.

That seems like a lot of buildup for five months use!?

Remember that each time you clean it with acid you're removing some of the precious metal that makes the *magic* happen.

So its better to tweak your CSI to the negative side and avoid cleaning it as much as possible to maintain maximum lifespan of the cell.

Maddie

That seems like a lot of buildup for five months use!?

Remember that each time you clean it with acid you're removing some of the precious metal that makes the *magic* happen.

So its better to tweak your CSI to the negative side and avoid cleaning it as much as possible to maintain maximum lifespan of the cell.

Maddie

For the entire 5 months, the CSI has always been on the negative side.( -.1 to -.35 )

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.