SW Washington
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Our temps have been 60 high/40 low the last few days. I don't know what my water temps are but I'm sure it can't be higher than 50. We don't really start warming up until late May. I have the overwhelming urge to open her up just to look at my water. Our winter has been so depressing. Nothing but record rain and gray cloudy days. I want to open just for the mental boost I get from looking out my window at my pretty water.

So when is everyone else going to open?

The pecan trees need to finish budding out and drop all their catkins before I'll even consider pulling the cover off. However I do have the pump running and the water balanced and ready to go once the time comes.

So I guess you could say I've got it half way opened. Probably a couple more weeks then I can pull the cover.

My water temp is just over 60. My pool is open now, but waiting for 70 before swimming in it
70? Brrr...... you'd love my pool water, temp over 70 up until early Jan, then took slight dip and back up to70 first week of February. You'd only have a month of no swimming. Never have to close pool and about a week or so before water temps will be around 80.

We recommend opening before the water hits 60, and closing after it goes down below 60. This presumes you will be maintaining the pool until then so algae will have very little time to grow.

My pool remains open year round but I use a cover especially in spring when all the pollen and tree schmutz drops. I just open to test, then shut the cover again.

yippee :flower:

I really want to see the water again but it will probably wait till early May. I don't want to chance the equipment with a late April freeze that we can get here from time to time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pool has been open all year, but not for swimming because of the water temp. My water has gotten as warm as 78, but then we get a cold front, then drops back into the 50's and 60's...Looking mid to late May if this weather persist..

Our temps have been 60 high/40 low the last few days. I don't know what my water temps are but I'm sure it can't be higher than 50. We don't really start warming up until late May. I have the overwhelming urge to open her up just to look at my water. Our winter has been so depressing. Nothing but record rain and gray cloudy days. I want to open just for the mental boost I get from looking out my window at my pretty water.

So when is everyone else going to open?

I'm in your region. I keep the pool open year round, but I make sure the chlorine is at a proper level
and start running the pump daily the first weekend in april. my water temp (and yours likely) is 51 degrees.

Well lows tonight going down to upper 30's and low 40's..This isn't helping my cause for warmer water..We should bounce back to the 80's this weekend, so maybe this might be the last strong cold front of the season. I still have the wedding cake stairs in the garage, and needs deep cleaning. If anyone has the stairs, I would always recommend taking them out for the winter. Im still battling small patches of what im thinking is algae, but passing the oclt test....Same battle I dealt with last year...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.