How much does a fiberglass pool shell weigh?

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
My pool floated (posted about) and I am looking at this point on possibly renting a crane. But I am not sure how to figure out an estimate on how much my shell weighs though. It's about 20x14 with 5' deep / 3' shallow end.

Thanks

Last edited:
You know the manufacturer of your pool shell?

Every fiberglass pool manufacturer has a spec sheet that shows exactly how much it is supposed to weigh. Depending on the size of the pool, most shells weigh between 2000–3500 lbs.

The only thing I "think" I have is the original broucher from 20 years ago. But I don't think it has much information in it. The owners didn't leave much outside of that and a very simple hand scrawled receipt. Is it due to thickness? I figured there might be a calculator somewhat using dimensions but I guess not.

Just error on the high side. Get a crane that can lift 5,000 to 10,000 lbs.

My 14 x 30 shell weight in at just about 3k lbs. Just had it dropped in last month, and the crane that did it barely broke a sweat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.