How long to swim after new pool is filled?

AndyQ

Jun 7, 2021
Palm Bay, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I just had my pool resurfaced. They finished my pool on 2/18/23 and the company told me once the chemicals become stable then we can swim. They also said it about 2 weeks. They told me to brush it 2 times a day for two weeks and bring water sample to them every day...They told me that was the procedure for the warranty.
Does this all sound right?

If ph is in the 7’s & fc is between minimum & slam level for your cya FC/CYA Levels
it is safe to swim so long as you can see the bottom of the deep end of the pool for swimmer safety.
What are your current test results?
How are you testing?

Reactions: Mdragger88
The purpose of brushing is to keep the plaster dust in suspension so it does not deposit on pool surfaces and can be filtered out.

If your water is clear and your brushing is not kicking up any dust then you can back off to every other day or every third day for another week or so.

Then begin a normal maintenance schedule and brush at least weekly.

Acid start up that's what the company did.....And they said brush 2 times and day for the first 2 weeks and i did..
Now i am brushing once a day for next 2 weeks..very little dust comes off now...
Can we swim now?

Can we swim now?
Yes, as long as you have balanced the chemicals properly. You'll want to be sure the pH has risen up to its approproate range between 7.2-7.8 and that you have some CYA registered (min 30) with some free chlorine. Check the Recommended Level page or the
PoolMath APP as needed. Once you know the levels are good, go for it. :swim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.