How long to run pool after adding calcium?

I'd run it all day.. 24 hours even. I like to be sure and with calcium and salt I think a day is a good rule of thumb.

I just drove thru your town today... you should have hollered, I'd have honked and waved! LOL

Maddie :flower:

I mix it in a bucket and pour into the skimmer with the pump on. I leave the pump on for about an hour but I guess just long enough the get it through the system and out into the pool would work. Mixing in a bucket is exothermic, the water calcium / chloride mix gets warm.

The pool chemical page doesn't give a TFP preferred method of adding? Maybe someone could edit that.:wink:

Opps, cancel that, the offical method is:
Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool.

I still prefer mixing in a bucket and tipping slowly down the skimmer, is there anything wrong with that?

I wouldn't add it through the skimmer.
Will a high concentration calcium solution react with anything as it goes through the system? I suspect there is a high potential for calcification within the SWG.

Would mixing in a bucket and pouring in the deep end or into a return stream the same as acid work?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.