Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We are certainly seeing that it's taking a long time for pool builds these days. If you have had a pool completed in the last year, how long did it take?
Start the timer the day you signed the contract with the pool builder, and end it when the pool is full of water.
If you want to play, please include contract sign date, fill date, and your location.
For those still in the build process, you could include your contract sign date and location, and type of pool (above ground, fiberglass, gunite, etc.)

Just for giggles, if you want, include the contractors original time estimate.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenAnderson
We signed our letter of intent in Late May or Early June of 2020. Initial installation date was supposed to be April of 2021. The last correspondence we received was delivery and installation in February / March of 2022 due to issues caused by the Texas Freeze.

This is for a Fiberglass Pool.

Edit: I Put February / March of 2021 instead of 2022. The real weird part is I got notice from my PB that they "Messed up" and the pool was on its way. It is now about 70% installed in my backyard.

Last edited:
My nextdoor neighbor signed a contract Dec 2020 to dig in January. Pool was dug early January. Plaster went on last Friday. So a shade under 7 months? Katy, Texas (west of Houston.)

Reactions: poolnoobgrandma
We signed our letter of intent in Late May or Early June of 2020. Initial installation date was supposed to be April of 2021. The last correspondence we received was delivery and installation in February / March of 2021 due to issues caused by the Texas Freeze.

This is for a Fiberglass Poo

We signed our letter of intent in Late May or Early June of 2020. Initial installation date was supposed to be April of 2021. The last correspondence we received was delivery and installation in February / March of 2021 due to issues caused by the Texas Freeze.

This is for a Fiberglass Poo

Contract signed last August filled with water in December. A couple minor repairs lingered a couple more months.
Wow! That's great!

Owner build; Las Vegas
Drawings received 7/25/2020;
City Permits and HOA approval 45 days;
Excavation started 09/22/2020;
Quartz install and water filled 03/01/2021.

Reactions: KBR
We are certainly seeing that it's taking a long time for pool builds these days. If you have had a pool completed in the last year, how long did it take?
Start the timer the day you signed the contract with the pool builder, and end it when the pool is full of water.
If you want to play, please include contract sign date, fill date, and your location.
For those still in the build process, you could include your contract sign date and location, and type of pool (above ground, fiberglass, gunite, etc.)

Ha ha - I will play... my build doesn't seem as long as some that are going now. Plus I got to skip the whole equipment problem caused by the Texas Freeze of `21.

Signed Contract 01/29/2020
Pool Filled ~ 08/06/2020
Original Estimate 2-3 months.
Location Allen TX

For those still in the build process, you 2021 could include your contract sign date and location, and type of pool (above ground, fiberglass, gunite, etc.)

We signed on August 2020 was told installation would be May 2021. Kept telling us a few more weeks now it is August 2 2021 and they said the Leisure Fiberglass pool we ordered was damaged last week when it was getting ready to leave the manufacturing plant.

9/22/20 Contract Signed
12/9/20 Excavation (6 days after permit)
7/27/21 Water fill

We are still working on getting utility ditch filled and stone work around patio completed as punch list items.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Signed contract and gave deposit Mar 1, 2021, Builder said about 12 weeks to complete, didn't start until Early June (when it was due for completion), have some problems with workmanship and work seems to be at a standstill. Unknown when it will be completed but I've given up hope for using it this year.

3-18-21 Contract signed (builder has been in town, highly recommended for 30 years now)
4-9-21 Permits approved
4-30-21 Dig Day
6-17-21 Fill Day

Original estimate was 5 weeks from dig Day to finished. It took 7. I was very pleased. Gunite, pebble finish, large stamped concrete patio.

Contract - Dec 2
Clear to start by HOA - Jan 4
Excavation - Feb 4
Plaster - July 31
Startup - August 3

So about 180 days from dig to start up.

I’ll play.

signed Aug 2020 with an original install date of June 2021.

PB’s engineer had to do a total dynamic head calculation, didn’t get that done until end of June. He messed it up. Still hasn’t gotten it done correctly yet. So Aug 2021, almost one year after signing and we still don’t have a permit.

Fiberglass

Almost 7 months from contract sign.

Contract - Jan 17, 2021
HOA approval - Feb 4
Excavation - Apr 19

Here we are in August and just waiting on spray deck coating and plaster. Expected to be filled by mid August.

Signed contract mid May 21.
HOA approval mid July, took forever.
Dig day on July 20th.
Gunite was supposed to be today, pushed back to tomorrow due to weather.
I’m pleased with our builder, but I know equipment and plaster are going to cause delays down the road. They were honest about that up front though.

Contract signed July 22, 2021. Estimate is 5-6 months, so we are looking at January-February 2022 very likely.
Currently waiting on HOA and city permits.

We were prepped by the builder that there are lots of delays in materials week to week and there have been labor shortages as well.

Iowa Vinyl Pool
Contract Signed: June 2020
Dig: mid April 2021
Finished: mid June 2021

It was basically 2 months, we could have been swimming sooner had we went with concrete instead of pavers but we have no regrets.

We signed our contract December 17, 2020. They estimated a start date of around October of 2021 and it would take about 5-6 weeks. They just broke ground yesterday, so about 2 months early on the start date, but they are saying it's near impossible to get concrete in our area right now, so while they are to the point where they could start pouring the concrete in the next day or two, but it's sound like they are still 2-3 weeks out from getting concrete and everything needs to be ready to get the exact dimensions of the liner. They suggested it'd be 8-9 weeks to complete now. So, I'm thinking mid October they'll be finished if everything goes the way they are saying.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.