How long does PH rise more frequently with a newer plaster pool?

EndlessSummerAZ

May 18, 2023
Phoenix
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Had a PebbleTec sheen pool completed in early November 2023. I feel like I’m constantly adding acid compared to some pool owners who say they rarely have to add it. TA tests at 70. No SWG. TF Pro test kit. Sheer descents but we never run them.

Only thing I can think of is maybe to adjust the return eyes so they point down more and don’t ripple the water as much? Although I run around 1200/1300 for 6-8 hours a day and barely see a ripple. More noticeable when I run the vac at 2300 but that’s maybe a few hours a week. We also have a Betta running 24/7 but it can’t be causing PH to rise that much?

Is it normal for PH to rise this fast for a 6 month old pool? If so, when can I expect a slow down?

Your pool plaster is still curing. You also are adding high TA fill water due to evaporation. Both of those push pH higher.
You will ramp up to needing to add acid twice a week or so during the summer months. When your pH reaches 7.8 to 8, add enough acid to lower the pH by 0.4. This will keep your TA in the 70/80 range.