How long do I need to use POP ?

1. goto postimage.org
2. find picture and click upload
3. click on hotlink (see image example with red arrow) and post just the IMG to IMG tag section here (remove all before first IMG and after 2nd IMG)

image.jpg

Ok, stairs and sandbags out but really not very much on them at all. However ,the leaves that were under them would have filled a 55 gallon drum. I was already in the green water so I stayed in and netted out all I could my FC was down to about 18 this evening so I added a little chlorine . Maybe all the leaves we're keeping it green? Well maybe tomorrow it will look better......Ty all for your help and support, helps to hear other people tell me to hang I in there! Oh and I am using the TF 100 test kit

Well.......I may have figured out my problem. I went out to backwash this morning before I added more bleach. While doing so my hubby came out to talk and the backwash went much longer than I normally let it go. When I looked at the viewing tube all kinds of green chunky stuff was going thru it. I decided to keep letting it run and lots of stuff went thru...maybe I have not been properly running the backwash cycle? I have decided to fill the pool back up , as it lost a lot of water on that backwash cycle and backwash the filter again until I see no more chunks of stuff coming thru.. I'll let you know if this was the issue or not. There are no more leaves in the pool as I got all I could when I got in the green lagoon to remove the stairs yesterday. Maybe a really clean filter will do the trick! Keep your fingers crossed, I have even crossed my toes, here's hoping!

All of those leaves were consuming your chlorine. And it's a good thing that you got a good backwash on your filter.

Well I have vacuumed 1 time per day , I have brushed 2 x a day. The FC has never been below 18 and I bring it back to 20 or 21 . The filter is clean and I add de after every vacuum, backwash . The pool is still green. Not a hint of gray or turquoise, just green. I am getting discouraged here. Help please.......

Ok, now that it's daylight I have to say the water is still a nice bright green. But. You can see the pattern on the bottom! It looks green but I can actually see that there is no debris of any kind laying on the bottom, (I hope the green coating is algae and not a permanently green liner) I brushed the heck out of it again and got some dusty cloud but not what I was expecting. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing I guess and say more prayers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey there. I can see the pics. Yeah, that is pretty green. :-(

A few pics are sideways just so you know.

Also, if you want them to show in your post instead of a link, each picture has links to post them to a page. On the right of an individual pic it will have 4 links. Click the bottom one that says "IMG" and paste that in to your post and it will show up like the one below. :)

the copy and paste will begin with [URL blah blah] and end with [/URL]

OK...I'll try using the IMG link.. Don't know how to rotate the pics though...I tried:(.. shouldn't the pool be looking better by now? I have never shown more that 1 on CC's. I have not in 14 days ever had FC below 18 and that is usually in the morning. Since I am an early person I usually test by 7 AM (sometimes 6:30) I am really becoming quite discouraged when I read others with what seems a much worse mess than I had and in 5 days they are posting pics of blue water....I am thinking of draining and starting over but then I have just wasted 13 days of hard work, lots of bleash...36 1810z containers and will pay for water and salt...friends and hubby are now thinking I am crazy to be keeping up with this schedule of vacuuming, brushing, bleaching and still have a green pool...anything else I can do to speed up this process???Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. How about flocking?

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see, we also have lots of trees and lots of pollen, I'm sure that isnt helping but in the 5 yrs we've had the pool I have never had to go thru this much headache and money...I don't mind the physical effort..actually can use all the physical effort I can get, helps count as exersize:D

Since you reported a CYA of 40-50, your SLAM should be no less than 20 by this chart: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

If in doubt about your CYA, always go to the higher number. You won't hurt anything by doing that, and it would probably help. If it were me, I'd err on the high side, and keep the FC above 22 at all times, even if it meant going as high as 28 to keep it from falling below SLAM level if I can't get to it every hour.

I'm going to say that all those leaves have stalled you. All that chlorine you were using was trying to oxidize the leaves and break it down. This alone is why it is very important to get everything out of the pool as humanly possible before starting a SLAM. I know it's hard but since it's out, you will make more progress in SLAM'ing the pool.

So I have upped the FC to 30 . I am going thru testing chemicals quickly. I am on my 42 nod bottle of bleach . I have addeda enough water to have probably refilled the pool due to all the backwashing and the pool is still a bright green. I thought at least by Memorial Day I would have a clean pool but beginning to doubt it, we leave on vacation on the 28 th of May but I thought by then the SWG would be running and all would be fine, if it isn't i am going to come home 10 days later to a worse mess than I have now... Losing faith and getting very discouraged here.

Can you add a full set of test results? I think we need to take a closer look... I'm wondering if you have any metals in the water? Maybe you can take a sample to the pool store this one time and have them check for metals.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.