How long before my stenner pump pack up?

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
Something terrible happened today with my stenner pump. I have been using the stenner pump for chlorine addition for the past 2 seasons now. I have it on a timer, in which I can program and also turn it on and off from my phone. It’s a large pump, so I only need about 3 mins run a day to get the FC where I need it to be. Unfortunately, today the pump started as usual for its 1 mins run, but for some reason, the timer probably lost WiFi, and the pump stay on for over 7 hours because since it had lost WiFi, it wasn’t able to try again so it can shut it off. It emptied about 20litres of liquid chlorine into the pool. Anyway, I have learned my lesson, my question is, how long can the motor last after this?

If you are worried about the motor potentially being harmed by being on for 7 hours, worry not. Stenners are built to run continuously.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.