Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi all! Currently have an in-ground vinyl liner pool under construction so my impatience has me looking for information/purchases I can do NOW. It was suggested that we use some garden hose filters when we fill the pool but how would I know if that's really necessary without testing our tap water?!

So I start researching test kits. Then the scientist in me started wondering how long the kits are good for and if I should wait so I get more use out of them. I hope it's not more than a couple months before we're filling and I'm sure expiration dates are longer than that but was hoping somebody could chime in.

Also, 20x44 SWG that'll be about 37,950 gallons. I see the TF100 recommended over and over and figure I'll need the K-1766 salt test. Anything else I should be sure to purchase?

Thanks in advance!

The reagents in the TF100 will last a full season. If you have leftovers, they should be fine into the next season. As long as the kit is stored in a climate controlled area (not a deck box, outside shed, garage, etc).

Reactions: KfenTx
Get the SmartStir with the kit. With your pool, I would suggest getting the TFPro Salt.

Also, your SWCG is way too small for that volume pool in your climate.

Anything else I should be sure to purchase?
Get the smart stir *no matter what*. I would order another before finishing my tests if it broke.

By the time you add the salt kit and smart stir, just get the tf100 pro salt that comes with both in a really nice case.

I waited to get my kit and my build got delayed and now I'm grateful I didn't lose a year on the kit. I will get it towards the end and I suggest you do as well. I may lose the spring sale, but that's still cheaper than the time I already lost.

Reactions: KfenTx and HeyEng
Get the SmartStir with the kit. With your pool, I would suggest getting the TFPro Salt.

Also, your SWCG is way too small for that volume pool in your climate.
We're doing an autocover if it matters and that's the largest cell they offered so..... 🤞

Get the smart stir *no matter what*. I would order another before finishing my tests if it broke.

By the time you add the salt kit and smart stir, just get the tf100 pro salt that comes with both in a really nice case.

I waited to get my kit and my build got delayed and now I'm grateful I didn't lose a year on the kit. I will get it towards the end and I suggest you do as well. I may lose the spring sale, but that's still cheaper than the time I already lost.
Sweet, thanks!

Reactions: Newdude
We're doing an autocover if it matters and that's the largest cell they offered so..... 🤞
I saw that. That is an issue with the Aquarite cells.

You will have to be very proactive at adjusting your SWCG output based on how much you leave the cover open. You should consider having the pump run 24/7 so you get most of your FC generation in times that the pool is less likely to be open.

I saw that. That is an issue with the Aquarite cells.

You will have to be very proactive at adjusting your SWCG output based on how much you leave the cover open. You should consider having the pump run 24/7 so you get most of your FC generation in times that the pool is less likely to be open.
Cool, thanks. We did get a variable speed pump so I'll have to research how best to set that up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.