How I stopped my dolphin robot from getting stuck on the main drain

davinci1452

Sep 5, 2021
AZ
This one was bothering me - I read a few posts and saw a few options but I wanted something that I felt I could leave in the pool that wasn't expensive like the drain bridges. So here's what I came up with.
Take irrigation tubing - I bought a 50 ft rool for 8.50 and some couplers. Make some hoops starting with one a little bigger than the drain and then each one bigger so the can lay one inside the other. I drilled a bunch of 1/8 in holes in them to let air out and filled 2 of them with pebble rock that I had washed off for weight. I zip tied them together and set them over my pool drain. They are the right height to give the robot clearance. They are round so it doesn't hurt the rollers and the robot just jumps right up them. They don't get knocked around or anything as of yet. I'll let you know if I run into any problems as I just tried out this idea but for about 15 bucks in material and 30 mins work maybe I think it's going to work out well.

Hope this helps those who are in the same boat as I was.

Attachments

• pool bot stopper.png
    pool bot stopper.png
    134 KB · Views: 70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.