How hard is it to take down a pool?

Jun 17, 2016
Rolla, MO
I currently have a 24 foot above ground pool and my wife and I are strongly considering taking it down due to it being a liability with our 3 small children. It is also time consuming maintenance wise which I don't have enough time for keeping it clean and running efficiently. Realistically how hard would it be to dismantle the entire thing and sell it?

Ideally, the person taking the pool would want to take it down. If it’s a typical walled-above ground pool, the liner cannot be reused if it dries out because it shrinks and doesn’t expand again)
Intex types can be reused with drying out.

When I got my used pool, we (me and 2 guys, plus the owner providing some help and guidance) 90% drained it 1 evening, then finished removing/pumping water and dissassembled and moved the next evening. A working pump would have helped (Folded the liner into a large Rubbermaid, then filled it with water at home).
And then the 3rd night I assembled it. (Area was mostly prepped)

I don't know what condition it is in. If it is old and selling it is not an option, it is worth money in scrap. The aluminum or steel walls, ladders, pump motor, etc are all worth money at a scrap yard. There are people who will take it away for free, just so they can scrap it.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.