How flat (not level) does the ground need to be under foam?

ssjimbo

Aug 15, 2021
Southern NM
I used mason's string and got the area for my 24x12 Intex pool to within 1.5 inches of level all around. That said, scraping away the soil left it pretty bumpy. My plan is to use the pink foam underneath the pool. Is it a big deal if the ground is fairly lumpy under the pool? I fear that it would be a never ending saga of hoeing out more dirt to try and flatten it and then having the ground end up unlevel. Thanks.

Reactions: Selenap
As long as your posts are level with each other and you don’t mind a bump in the road here and there, it’ll be fine. Especially with foam. It will smooth it out.

I'd make it more level than that, should be within 1/2" or better. I just installed mine and got it really level, but the overall ground is a bit lumpy, not perfectly flat all over. I also used foam underneath (1/2" thick pink rigid foam) and it helped out a lot in regards to how lumpy it feels. Overall it's really pretty good. So my advice is to do a better job of getting it level, but not be so worried about it being perfectly flat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.