How far can pump be from pool?

We are FINALLY going to buy a “regular” AGP this spring. My plan is a 24’x52” that is buried about 24” in the ground to reduce the need for a really tall deck.
It will be about 30’-40’ from my shed, which is where I have power for the pool pump. At least in theory.
I built the shed and wired it with the intent of having the Hayward pump and sand filter on a concrete pad behind the shed, out of sight and out of earshot. I would like to bury the return and suction lines (hard PVC) and run them back to the pump etc. I’m thinking about 2 skimmers on opposite sides and then two returns.
We got the pump and filter a couple of years ago. The specs escape me right now but it’s at least a 1/2 HP and the filter I believe will be big enough to handle the pool we plan on buying.
The inlet on the pump would still sit below the level of the water in the slimmer so gravity will keep water in the suction lines. I’m just wondering if the distance is too far or the pump is too small to push the water back to the returns.......any thoughts?

Get the model of the pump and motor and post it. It most likely is fine, but we have some pump experts that can give you more information.

Ok so slight change in plans. I had a 26’x52” pool GIVEN to me along with the deck. ALL still solid. I just put in 14 hours of labor to take it down and bring it to my house.....
So I now have the Millenium 2hp pump that came with it. So HOPEFULLY that will work for what I plan in remote locating the pump and filter.
Here is what I have now....
68F3613D-A2D2-4BBC-938A-471116C236DE.jpeg03FF5AD2-6BE6-4008-84F0-EFB0E5881543.jpeg

I would think a 2 HP pump can handle your distance easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.