How do you measure your chlorine

I wonder if this was just the fumes you were seeing. I don't know why it would do anything to the plastic cup since it's usually stored in a plastic jug. :unsure:
I'm not sure either. Maybe it was reacting with contaminants in the measuring cup, or the type of plastic used for the measuring cup isn't as acid-resistant as the jug. And to answer your question Marty, no. I've never used that measuring cup for anything other than muriatic. Heck, maybe it was just fumes but it looked like smoke to me. I was holding my breath and quickly poured it in so I could walk away and get some air.

I'm not sure either. Maybe it was reacting with contaminants in the measuring cup, or the type of plastic used for the measuring cup isn't as acid-resistant as the jug. And to answer your question Marty, no. I've never used that measuring cup for anything other than muriatic. Heck, maybe it was just fumes but it looked like smoke to me. I was holding my breath and quickly poured it in so I could walk away and get some air.
It very well could have been smoke. I know when I add MA, I try to get it done and DONE as quick (but safely) as I can. Even in the open air, the fumes are freaking strong and I have no desire to inhale 'em!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.