How do we manually open coverstar auto cover with broken roll-up tube (drum)

Serious1

Silver Supporter
Jul 13, 2016
NE
Our aluminum roll-up tube is corroded and parts are hard to come by right now and we'd like to use the pool. How can we manually remove the cover ourselves so we can use the pool (our cover is encapsulated if that makes a difference)? We realize we'd have to leave it off until a new drum came in. The new roll-up tubes are apparently made of plastic so they don't corrode. Luckily it didn't rip the cover when it fell apart. Thanks!

unfortunately we can't do that since the drum can't move. We're thinking we need to pull the drum out of the cover box, detach the fabric and then roll it back slowly and gather it.

Once the drum breaks I’m no help. I’ve manually opened mine with a breaker bar with a good drum.

In case someone else has to do this...we pulled the corroded drum out of the cover pit with the liner attached. We then pulled the cover back by hand (one person on each side pulling evenly and then decided we should wrap it up around the drum so that the storms/wind can't pull it up. It pulled quite easily by hand if you grab the cover near the edge. We'll leave it off until the new roll up tube comes in.

In case someone else has to do this...we pulled the corroded drum out of the cover pit with the liner attached. We then pulled the cover back by hand (one person on each side pulling evenly and then decided we should wrap it up around the drum so that the storms/wind can't pull it up. It pulled quite easily by hand if you grab the cover near the edge. We'll leave it off until the new roll up tube comes in.
My drum end casing broke...i think we have to replace the whole thing??? it was corroded as well...what a bummer....i thought it was concrete as it looks like it. where can i get a drum?

Attachments

• PC266021.JPG
    PC266021.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 11
  • PC266022.JPG
    PC266022.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 9

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.