How do I replace these 3 1/8" Drain Covers?

Kilroy1800

Jul 15, 2022
Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

This is my first post and I am reaching out for help. I have two of these deck drain covers that I need to replace and need to know what kind of adhesive to use on the new ones and how to get the old ones out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. See below.

Swimables Plastic Drain Cover 3 1/8"​

IMG_6061.jpg

Sometimes those are in with a snug fit and not glued. But never know what they did originally.
One idea is to take a heat gun and work on the inside, then take a needle nose pliers to pull and twist out the old one.

Or you can take a chisel and hammer to chip out.

I would not add adhesive on the new one - try without and see how it sits in it.

These are not normally glued, and I suspect your's isn't either but rather is bound in place by the accumulated dirt and debris. My first attempt might be to take a pressure washer (if you have one) or just a good hose nozzle aimed at the seam and see if you loosen it up.

These are not normally glued, and I suspect your's isn't either but rather is bound in place by the accumulated dirt and debris. My first attempt might be to take a pressure washer (if you have one) or just a good hose nozzle aimed at the seam and see if you loosen it up.
Great advise thank you!

Sometimes those are in with a snug fit and not glued. But never know what they did originally.
One idea is to take a heat gun and work on the inside, then take a needle nose pliers to pull and twist out the old one.

Or you can take a chisel and hammer to chip out.

I would not add adhesive on the new one - try without and see how it sits in it.
I really appreciate these ideas, I'll get on these ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.