How do I know of my controller is communicating with the Cell?

May 29, 2017
Houston
We closed on our new home with pool almost three weeks ago, and have been battling some chemistry issues.... the main one has been getting and maintaining chlorine!

Here's the thing:
In the house, the Aquapure controller tells us that we've adjusted chlorine production % or that we've set it to "super chlorinate".
But at the equipment outside it reads that it's set at 0%
When we try and change it at the equipment, we're locked out by an error message that says it's controlled from the aquapure.

The previous owners didn't leave any instructions and their pool guy (who was supposed to fix things) only "diagnosed" problems and found work-arounds. For example, the pool heater has to be operated manually - it's not communicating with the indoor controller.

Anybody got advice?

The Jandy pro cell is 2 years old and clean.
The system is an Aquapure with an Aqualink RS6

The inside controller only seems to control the filter pump, slides, spa bubbles, and pool cleaner.

Thanks.

I have the same issue so what I did was removed the 4 communication wires, removed power to the swg until all the lights went out. Then applied power to the swg while the 4 communication wires were still disconnected. The unit will reboot and no longer be connected to the system. Now press and hold the output button to select how you want to control it. It should have several options to control it via aqualink, or other brands. You won't want to select any of those, select the one that is blank so you can control it directly.

Have you tried the boost function? Mine operated fine in boost mode but nothing for the regular cycle. Also, to answer the question in your title, when the aqua pure is connected to the aqualink there will be a funny little icon lit up on the aquapure unit.

Woo hoo! We have control!

I couldn't find a way of programming it, but I can adjust the numbers. Is it ok to leave the communication wires disconnected permanently ? - they don't seem to have been doing anything anyway.

What should % be set on (once I finally get and maintain chlorine)

Yes, you can leave them disconnected and control it directly on the SWG rather than through the aqualink. I works just as well, the only difference is that you have to walk over to the unit to view the status and adjust the levels rather than doing it from the remote.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.