How do I improve filtration on a Polaris 9550i?

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
Against some of the members on this site, I went with the Polaris 9550i. What a mistake. While I like the functionality of this unit compared to my old TigerShark QC, it is horrible at cleaning. It basically blows dust around rather than picking it up. If it's larger particulates it will pick it up, but light particulates go right through the filter and blow out the other end. Whereas the TigerShark will collect the fine particulates much better.

So, my question, is there a better filter that Polaris sells for this robotic cleaner, or an aftermarket filter adapter of some sort? It's annoying as heck when I watch it blow fine dirt out the exhaust. Has there been any recalls or service bulletins on this product? Is there some gasket or something that may be missing? The filter screen seems to be in perfect condition. I even used some flocculant in order to help thicken up the dirt. This unit has been this way since I bought it. It's kinda hard to install the filter improperly so I don't think there's any operator error.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.