How do i get rid of dead algae

1st and foremost is to be certain you've killed all the algae out. As Kim said above, your slam may not be finished.

Some algae seems to be a little more difficult to kill off, and if you showed you passed OCLT, and then perhaps you happened to brush something out of a nook or cranny somewhere then you have to continue to do what you're doing to ensure it's gone so it doesn't keep coming back on you.

With the small water particles that the vac may be stirring up in there, you could also add a small amount of DE to your sand filter to help filter even more smaller particles out. Here's a link on how to do it: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/133-add-de-to-a-sand-filter.

(If you decide to try the DE 1st remove your skimmer sock, or knee high from your skimmer basket until the DE is in. I found I have to start with a low amount of DE diluted in 2-3 gallons of water, pour in just tiny amounts through your skimmer while monitoring the pressure gauge. Then monitor the gauges often to ensure it doesn't climb too high. (I'm just telling you these things again even though the directions gives you the procedure because my sand filter would/will only tolerate but just below a 1/4th of cup at a time? So on my 1st attempt, I added the 1/4 cup thinking no way it would be too much, when in fact it was too much. My pressures climbed rapidly and I had to quickly backwash it back out because they were continuing to rise, and then I had to start again with a lower amount of 1/8th of a cup, and slowly work up from there. I do still use DE in mine because it does work so well, but at less than the 1/4 cup starting range :). I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day.

To add a pic. Try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says Go Advanced, and then down to where it says Manage Attachments, and see if you can bring them in like that. They'll be big because you can't adjust the MB that way, but I had to do my 1st couple pics like that too because I wasn't sure how to do it, and couldn't figure out how to import mine correctly, but now I don't do it that way. I hope this helps.

You said that just easily brushes off, or vacs up easily but then more or what had dispersed into the water return to the bottom again. Is that correct?

If so I'd recommend raising your FC back to the Slam level for a few days if the doubling the Target number isn't ridding you of it. Then recheck OCLT again to ensure it still passes. It might just be hard to kill algae in there.

Continue to vac it up when possible. (LOL some of that stuff you have to move the manual vac real slowly, tip it backwards then sit it down right on it to keep it from dispersing back into the water. In other words, sneak up on it because some of that stuff flies everywhere as soon as the vac touches it and although we think we're picking it up we're actually only separating it into millions of particles only to have it resettle again later. I hope this helps.

The water looks great by the way :)

Yes that is correct crackerjack,went i use the manual vac it cleans it good nothing there. As long a i dont turn the filter on i see nothing, but the next day when i turn the filter on and shut it off that's when I see it. Like now I vac yesterday havent turned the filter on yet nothing has form on the bottom

That almost sounds more like dust, dirt, or pollen getting pushed around your pool and settling down in the liner. It's quite common. Filtering and experimenting with water circulation to hit those "dead spots" may help alleviate that issue, or at last worth a try.

I agree with Texas that perhaps the filter is pushing particles around in there, and settling them in the lower circulation areas.

I do really believe that either putting a skimmer sock, or knee high in your skimmer basket, http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-on-the-town-or-a-Winter-hunting-trip-anymore

and/or adding a small amount of DE to your sand filter http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/133-add-de-to-a-sand-filter may be very beneficial in ridding your pool of all the small fine particles. Hope this helps have a wonderful day. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.