How do I get rid of all this stuff?

So I'm doing a SLAM and I have a LOT of empty bleach bottles, boxes and shock packets.

Before I started the SLAM, I have muratic acid bottles, borax boxes.

Also, over the last 2 years that we've had the pool, and the stuff left over from previous owners, we have near empty bottles of blue stuff, Ph up, down, etc.

What should I do with this stuff? It's close to 2 full herby-curbies.

What should I do with this stuff? It's close to 2 full herby-curbies.

Contact your municipality or region or county or whoever is in charge of waste disposal and ask them how to get rid of the hazardous waste (leftover chemicals) maybe they have a drop off point. As for the containers, I would imagine theyre recyclable (is there anywhere in the developed world that doesn't recycle)

Ps. What is a herby curbie?

The landfill does do a hazardous waste day. I figured thats what I needed to do, but was just wondering.

The big green trash can you take to the curb once a week! ;)

My recycling is overflowing every week. The trash company won't pick up if the lid isn't fully closed. I am literally jumping up and down on that thing every week to get the lid closed. I crush my bleach bottles as i throw them in the can. It makes life so much easier.

My recycling is overflowing every week. The trash company won't pick up if the lid isn't fully closed. I am literally jumping up and down on that thing every week to get the lid closed. I crush my bleach bottles as i throw them in the can. It makes life so much easier.
I find that so strange. When my blue bin is full, I just put a cardboard box with more stuff in it next to it. I mean isn't the idea to recycle as much as possible? Why would a municipality have a recycling limit? So odd.

If they are using those claw trucks they don't want their driver to have to get out and possibly hurt his back picking up a box and tossing it in. They will empty more than one bin, but you have to pay a monthly fee for the extra bin.

^^^ Yup. Also, if you have curbside trash/recycling, in most places you can bring all the recycling you want, to the town drop off location.
When we moved into this house, I had a truckload of cardboard I took down all at once.

And quick read on recycling these days unfortunately leads to the news that prices for recyclables have plummeted with many locations paying to get rid of them or transferring some of them to the landfill/garbage stream.

So, no it's not often in their favor to get more of the stuff. However, the argument from a public policy perspective is that we've spent all this collective energy convincing people to recycle, let's keep having them do it. Eventually, it is likely that the world economics around it will get better, and until then, well, we deal with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.