How do I drain water after heavy rain

I connect my backwash hose and either backwash if I need to anyway, or set pump to waste.

He needs to have the ability to drain excess water. I don’t think waiting for it to evaporate is an option. What happens if there’s another 2-3” rain tomorrow?

He needs to have the ability to drain excess water.

Agreed. The OP should get setup with a submersible pump.

I don’t think waiting for it to evaporate is an option. What happens if there’s another 2-3” rain tomorrow?

There is not another Tropical Storm forecasted to hit the NYC area for a while.

The 10 day forecast is for less then 0.3" of rain in the NYC area. Lots of evaporation and great swimming weather.

I bought the Menards-brand equivalent of this pump after 4 inches of rain the other day. Took a couple hours to pump out the 4 inches, but worked great with just a garden hose.

Superior Pump 91250 Utility Pump, 1/4 HP, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X05G1A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZP1cFb4WPXR91
I bought this Superior brand but got the 1/3 HP for a few extra dollars. I would buy again if I needed a submersible pump. It comes in handy with the pool open in the summer and closed in the winter to remove excess pool water. Bought mine off Amazon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.