How do I calculate the FC potential of my SWG?

Thasista

Gold Supporter
Jul 1, 2018
Western KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
003488c3219897d314682dc7787f586f.png

I want to bring my FC up by 1-1.5. I know I can add LC but I’m trying to figure out what I should set my SWG at to maintain FC 5-6. I’m going to be gone for 4 days and will leave my cover on when I go. I’d like SWG to be set to maintain.

I know I put this in the wrong subsection and don’t know how to move it. Tapatalk is great except when I create a thread.

You can't calculate a setting to make the FC be 5ppm.
All you can calculate is how much FC the SWG can generate to then offset the daily losses.

Use the effects of adding chemicals in PoolMath, enter the oz of chlorine gas your SWG will produce (The Hayward 40k cell is 1.4 pounds, but you have to find out what yours will do). And that will tell you the FC that could be added at 100% output in 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the cover usually on? If not, the FC is going to rise anyway.

Exactly what I was looking for thanks. My cover is in at night and if not raining open during the day.

For the past few days I have been turning the SWG off when it was covered because my FC got a little higher than I wanted it to and it has slowly drifted down.

No harm in going a little high with the FC ... certainly better than too low.

You may not need to increase your output at all if the FC has been climbing.

It got up to 9.9 so I turned SWG off overnight with cover on. We also had a day of rain where I left it covered and SWG off so it drifted down to 4.5 which is lower than I prefer.

Definitely still dialing in my ideal levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.