How do I backwash my filter? Do I add DE afterwards?

Drockfresh said:
Got it .. Thanks. But what are the white and green dials for... ?
Just guessing, but one is probably controlled by the dial, and can be set where you want to perform your backwashes, as a reminder. The other is probably a tell-tale that indicates the highest pressure reached on the gauge. You should be able to reset that one somehow as well.

Again, just a guess based on past (non-pool) experience.

The green one should be turned to 10, which is your start up pressure with a clean filter. The white one used to be red and will move to 20 when you move the green to 10. When the black needle is in line with the white one it will be time to backwash.

renovxpt said:
The green one should be turned to 10, which is your start up pressure with a clean filter. The white one used to be red and will move to 20 when you move the green to 10. When the black needle is in line with the white one it will be time to backwash.

Almost. It is true that the 2 arrows are fixed at a 10psi delta. But waiting for that much of a rise is an outdated recommendation. We recommend cleaning at a 20-25% pressure increase to prevent drastically reduced flow.

You can either mark your clean pressure and then clean when it rises that % ... or mark the pressure at which you should clean it ... being 13psi in this case.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.