How Clear is TFP Clear? Let's See (Pics Only Please).

Can I join in too? I'm super proud of my pool. this is our 2nd summer with the pool - we moved in last April and it was such a difference between last Spring and this Spring. Last year when we moved in, it was a green swamp. This year, we opened to just slightly cloudy water and in a few days, we turned it around to this (pardon the dead algae dust in the one pic - the robot didn't get there yet!)

Attachments

• Pool_2.jpg
    Pool_2.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Pool_1.jpg
    Pool_1.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 61
Baquacil conversation just completed this week. New DE filter in place. SGW soon to be installed. Thanks to all the help from this site and the great sharing of knowledge, I am proud to present a TFP!
It’s cheating to drain the water all out first

i Can’t believe how good the pools look. Im trying but mine is not as clear as all of you. I’m not doing something right for sure . I’m thinking about robot. Any good recommendations? Thanks
Robots clean the bottom and sides but don’t make it clear. They help if junk is on the bottom that is clouding the pool but clear water is more about filtration.

Robots clean the bottom and sides but don’t make it clear. They help if junk is on the bottom that is clouding the pool but clear water is more about filtration.
i mean mine is clear but some of these make mine look pitiful. I understand about the robot. I have back issues and really struggle cleaning the bottom as was wondering a robot would be worth it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i mean mine is clear but some of these make mine look pitiful. I understand about the robot. I have back issues and really struggle cleaning the bottom as was wondering a robot would be worth it?
I have back issues as well, yes a robot is worth it. I haven’t vacuumed the pool with the vac since I got one.

Reactions: Tena
I have back issues as well, yes a robot is worth it. I haven’t vacuumed the pool with the vac since I got one.
When we put our pool in back in 2006, I would get home from work and hear the pool was dirty with stuff at the bottom. During the 2nd year, life got 10x better spending $999 on the Dirt Devil branded Tigershark/Aquabot. I drop the robot in, let it do its job for 3-4 hours and its ready to go.

Reactions: Orion7319
Baquacil conversation just completed this week. New DE filter in place. SGW soon to be installed. Thanks to all the help from this site and the great sharing of knowledge, I am proud to present a TFP!
Matt, that is gorgeous!

Reactions: Matt_PEBKAC_Oh
Our robot is worth it. The previous owners left theirs with the pool but it died towards the end of last season so I went and bought a new one the next week after attempting to live with manual vacuuming. For some reason this year, we have an influx of worms this spring and the robot is great at cleaning those up.

Sometimes it's the simple things....... vacuum, clean filter, clean salt cell, then enjoy. :swim:

full

8ft deep pool. Photos have been compressed a bit by the forum software.

Obligatory "main drain" photo
20210516_145758.jpg
An underwater picture (thought it might make a change) - the pool is 36ft long and you can see the whole length no problem. Fun to wear a mask and spy on the shallow end ☺️
20210516_135421.jpg
A picture from the patio. Hovering inflatable!
20210516_135326.jpg

Got the robot doing its thing daily. Solar cover on most of the day and overnight. PoolMath is happy with no warnings!

Last edited:
Hats off to another TFP clear pool

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525-011624_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-011624_Gallery.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210525-011634_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-011634_Gallery.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210525-011639_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525-011639_Gallery.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 42