How can I securely attach PVC fitting to bottom hole on pool skimmer

Marney

Jul 21, 2019
Los Angeles
Hello all,

I'm a pool newbie and I have a Hallmark pool from I believe the 70's. It appears to have the original skimmer, which is roughly 3-4ft deep with one hole on the bottom and two holes near the top, on each side (there is nothing connected to these two top holes). There is a loose 2ft long PVC pipe with a threaded bottom that is loosely inserted into the bottom hole. It appears that the bottom hole is not threaded as the threaded PVC does not securely twist on.

My question is, what would be the best way to securely attached this PVC? And how am I able to assess the bottom hole and make modifications when it is so deep and filled with water?

I really appreciate any suggestions and tips! Thank you!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Is there any way you can post a pic of your set-up and what you are describing? It may help since your pool goes back a few decades. I would also recommend updating your signature as well with all of you pool and equipment info. It's the first thing we look at on each post. We'll get some eyes on this question and see what we can do to help.

Hello Texas Splash!
I've attached a few photos of the skimmer. Sorry about the quality, it was difficult to capture a good picture with the sun and shadows, etc. Let me know what you think.
Some info about my pool:
•20'x40' Hallmark Pool (I believe from 70s)
•Pentair Superflo VS pump (2 yrs old)
•Purex filter (looks ancient)
•1 functioning return line (there is a 2nd hole below the return line, not sure what it's for)
•There is also a 2nd hole on one side of the pool wall that's threaded, maybe that's a vacuum line? Not sure as it doesn't take in or return water.
20190721_201624.jpg20190721_201749.jpg20190721_201719.jpg

Attachments

• 20190721_201624.jpg
    20190721_201624.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.